Treasurer 201 – Payroll & Ministers Expenses Account
Treasurers … are you mystified by MEFs … stumped by stipends … rattled by residence benefits?
Learn the ins and outs of paying your Minister correctly and gain an understanding of your obligations in regards to the church’s by-laws, guidelines and ATO requirements. Even better, did you know that the Synod can manage your payroll at no cost to you?
This session will explore:
- The theology of the stipend
- Key components of a Minister’s remuneration
- Operating an MEF (Ministers Expense Facility)
- What benefits apply to different placement types
- Leave entitlements
- Arranging automatic deductions for the MSF and Beneficiary Fund
- How to arrange for Synod to manage your entire Payroll free of charge
Who should attend:
Church Council members